Thursday 3 July 2008

micro-SCOPE

you americans call them thrift stores, us brits call them charity shops.
whatever you call them, they're good. whilst waiting for my mum the other day, i absent mindedly popped into SCOPE (a charity for multiple sclerosis) because their shoes looked good. unfortunately, they were all little sizes. i twirled a necklace holder and spotted a pretty leaf necklace, and whilst wandering towards the cash desk, flipped through some dresses hanging up. a shine caught my eye!
i love the spontainuity of charity shopping, and the little treasures you can so easily find.
i bought this dress for £4.25, and it seems almost new. i love the shimmer of the fabric, and i want to wear it with coloured tights come winter. i'm thinking aubergine or burgandy...
i might wear it tonight, to see my friend playing Alice in Alice in Wonderland.





mmm breeze!





15 comments:

emily said...

that is such a great find! <333

Anna Pope said...

That is a gorgeous find, I love the little crystals. You look so pretty in these photos (like always!) :)

louise said...

gorgeous dress, what a lucky find. i think you are right about the coloured tights, would look fab

Lauren said...

cute dress, i love finding amazing pieces in charity shops, so much more interesting than the normal high-street stuff :)

Amber said...

That dress is amazing! And I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before but I adore your hair color. And I know what you mean about all the small feet-ed women in the world because I am not one of them.

Emily said...

Such a pretty dress, and I adore the last picture of you. Gorgeous!

Paris said...

such a great find! xx

Diana said...

Very pretty dress. You look really cute in your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hi

Lovely dress and so glad you found it at Scope - I work for that charity! Just to point out, Scope is a charity that supports people with cerebral palsy, not multiple sclerosis. Our aim is that disabled people achieve equality and have access to full human rights.

Thank you for your support by shopping with us and hope the dress continues to delight!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress (*_*).

Anonymous said...

The dress is such a score....

Michelle said...

You look totally adorable in the dress, the shape of it really suits you and love the little gems at the front too.

Anonymous said...

Hi !
I have been following your blog for quite a while, but never left a message (shame on me) !). Just wanted to say that I love your photographs, the colours and abstraction etc.

I send you a big :)) from Belgium
ps: do you have msn ?

yiqin; said...

We call them secondhand stores over here! The dress is amazing! I love the gems on it :)

Anonymous said...

dress is gorgeous!

if i were to play alice i'm pretty sure i would consider my life complete and spend the rest of it sitting at home reading blogs and eating chocolate.