Wednesday 27 February 2008

Single Shot

My art exam has officially started.
Our assignment on the first lesson was to draw some fresh fish that she had bought in.
It's strange, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite as beautiful, and macabre at the same time.
The colours on it were simply beautiful. I wish I'd had my camera.
We've been set to look up Memento Mori (specifically Cotan's hanging vegetables). Whilst researching I found this site: single shot.
there are some really interesting videos on there, especially Ori Gersht's take on Cotan's vegetables:

click...

also, I love "Dark Glass" by Clio Barnard
Really interesting, and also moving...
it was filmed on a mobile phone, which gives it...
ah, watch it yourself, and let me know what you think it's based on..

click...

2 comments:

kirsty lee said...

how does the exam work? i did art gcse but not a-level as my teacher was a bitch and i had to quit as i hated her.

is it a timed piece?

if so then hope it goes ok. i bet you'll do amazingly well. just try not to panic.

Anonymous said...

I will watch the movie when I get home from work... interesting stuff...

My A-Level art exam was a timed piece.. I assume it's still the same now?